Now Hiring – Assistant Director (Live in)
Thompson-Markward Hall, founded as Young Woman’s Christian Home in 1887, is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that provides affordable, safe, semi-temporary housing for women ages 18-34. We are seeking a live-in Assistant Director to assist the Executive Director in fulfilling the mission of Thompson-Markward Hall by sustaining an environment that values and delivers teamwork, quality customer service and open communication that contributes to providing a positive, memorable living experience for the residents we serve.
The Assistant Director is a full-time, essential employee who maintains building occupancy, ensures a safe, comfortable, clean environment for residents, staff and guests and supports TMH Management to ensure the highest quality resident experience. Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure a comfortable, welcoming, supportive environment for all residents.
- Manage reservations, applications and wait list for prospective residents and respond to queries in a timely manner.
- Supervise and train a team of Resident Managers who provide exceptional customer service to residents and guests and serve as a dynamic leaders within the community.
- With the maintenance and janitorial staff, coordinate the preparation of resident rooms for arrivals and departures, including a quarterly room check for maintenance and repair needs and to ensure safety and rule compliance.
- Assure and arrange for essential resident room repairs to be accomplished to prevent deterioration to resident rooms.
- Maintain files of repairs and replacements as well as maintenance calendar.
- Oversee daily accounting and reconcile room and board payments monthly and make bank deposits weekly or more frequently as needed.
- Serve as the primary on-call administrator, providing accessibility to staff and residents during the evenings and weekends. Respond to emergency situations as needed.
- Uphold and enforce House rules, policies and procedures.
- Support the daily operations of TMH and the Executive Director.
Qualified applicants will have experience working or living in a communal home, have at least 2 years of supervisory experience, possess a strong attention to detail, and have excellent communication skills. The ideal applicant will be a self-directed, confident individual who can serve as a role model, multi-task efficiently and have an understanding of building maintenance and customer service. Experience working in the hospitality industry or university housing a plus. Must pass a background check.
This is a full-time, live-in position, 40 hours per week. The Assistant Director is provided with a spacious, partially furnished apartment on-site. TMH offers paid vacation, sick and holiday leave, as well as health, dental and vision, life insurance, a 401k and one meal per shift.
Persons with mental or physical disabilities as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act are eligible for this position as long as they can perform the essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodations are made to their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible for this position.
Thompson-Markward Hall provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Location: Capitol Hill, Washington, DC
Interested individuals should send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to the Executive Director at hiring at tmhdc dot org. No phone calls please.